OK… it’s been almost 2 months which is really unacceptable… since the last post, we have been so busy that there is just too much to write about. I guess I’ll start with Erica’s wedding…we went home for a quick visit at the beginning of October. Erica and Jared were married in a beautiful ceremony and we had a blast. Aunt Elise took great care of Cole while we enjoyed the rehearsal/wedding activities. He wore a teeny tiny tux and looked adorable. I will wait till the professional pics come out because mine just don’t do the bride justice. She was just STUNNING. I cried from the second she got her dress on until she said ‘I do.’ I was super emotional that day thinking back to our own wedding! Here are some photos from our trip home!
I just have to say my sister looks so pretty here!!!!
Hmmmmm What’s next…. Oh yeah. Our best friends, the Dietrich’s, moved from California to Myrtle Beach. They missed us so much when we moved last year and had such a good time visiting in July, that they couldn’t stay away! Just kidding, Scott is starting in school and Erin is job hunting right now and I think they like it here. We don’t have much time to spare but when we do, we try to get the babies together for some fun. We went to Indigo Farms 2 weeks ago to see the animals and get some pumpkins.
Finally… a smile. brought on by a stinky old goat.
Moving right along….
Chad’s parents came to visit the weekend of Craig’s birthday and it was so nice to have them here. Donna helped watch Cole while I worked over the weekend and Chad and Craig (99% Craig) Installed our new cook top! Since our house was a foreclosure, all of the appliances were taken and we had to start from scratch. We’re slowly putting this house together and it was nice to finally be able to say we have a stove again! I don’t have any pictures from their visit because they always take 1,000 with both of their cameras! I do have one of the cook top…it’s lovely! We are so thankful for their help!!
As far as the house goes, we also painted! We hired some professionals to paint the entire downstairs, foyer, and upstairs hallway. I HATED it at first but it has definitely grown on me. I judged it before they were completely finished but now I am very satisfied. We wanted to go with light “cool” colors. Our house in CA was very dark and with this house we just wanted colors that were more fun and “young.” There is no point in pretending we are fancy and formal when we’re just starting out and can’t afford pricey furniture and elegant decor. We have a 15 month old and 9 times out of 10 there are toys, cookie crumbs, and fingerprints somewhere in plain view so practical everything is the way to go for us right now! This is embarrassing to admit but we STILL do not have an over. Yeah, yeah, I know…. BUT in my defense. Chad and I are only home together for dinner once every 2 weeks so there is really no reason to do any cooking or baking with our schedules the way they are. Cole is on a chicken nugget, corn, and green beans kick and that’s all microwaveable- why cook a huge meal for myself? Cereal is the way to go! Maybe someday he’ll get off the night shift so we can have one of those family dinners we see on Campbell’s soup commercials. That’ll be the day…..
My parent’s hadn’t been here for 6 weeks and they came in for a short visit 2 weeks ago. I snapped this cute little picture of my daddy reading to my boy. (Cole was trying on his Halloween costume at the time).
Next… Halloween! My mom found this adorable pair of red overalls and a yellow shirt that we combined to make a perfect Stewie costume. In case you don’t know who Stewie is, he’s the naughty little baby on the popular cartoon show ‘Family Guy.’ Since my Cole is the naughtiest little boy around, this was the perfect costume idea for him! Chad’s mom was on the hunt for the overalls too- thank you so much, Donna! Cole and his friends, Brynn and Peyton, hit the streets for 20 minutes of serious trick-or-treating.
I think I’m going to call it a night…my day off is tomorrow and I am about to curl up on the couch with Charlie and catch up on my shows. I will never disappear like that again! Plus the holiday season is here which is my favorite. There will be plenty going on in the Little Guess House.


















No comments:
Post a Comment