Thursday, May 19, 2011

oops... I SPLURGED @ World Market!

So, today I was bad. Really bad. But also kind of good. One of the things I regret the most is not registering for nice party/severware type items on our wedding registry. Looking back, I don't know what I was thinking at the time! I am embarrassed to say that we don't even currently own a  real salad bowl. I know, I know...that's pretty bad! Anyways, in preparation for Cole's 2nd birthday party this July and because we need it, I took advantage of an awesome sale at WM and saved over $150! Everything you see here was on sale or clearance and thanks to a couple of coupon codes and free shipping, I got 12 items for $224. The party will be at our house this year and it will be the first time we'll be entertaining guests. I keep telilng myself that it was a good idea of me to buy things ahead of time to keep the party expense more manageable...that and I couldn't wait one more second to get my hands on this stuff! 


I love this salad set... Just what we needed


These adorable lights will hang beneath...


Our New patio umbrella!


I sort of wish I had ordered the white lanterns so that we could use them for things other than a birthday party, but I am sure we'll get plenty of use out of them over the years!
We will be purchasing a patio set later this week. I know what I want but I am still shopping around for the right deal.

I love these mixing bowls and had to have them!


And these simple serving dishes:



I am looking for a yummy punch recipe to put in this... or maybe sangria!


And then these, I thought were just pretty so I snagged them. May be too girly for Chad, but I like them! He can use the blue one, right? or not.


So there you have it, my online shopping spree. I am so excited for the delivery of all my new stuff! I haven't decided whether Cole's party will have a theme or not since he's not really into any one thing yet. Besides "doggie!" or "kit!" (cat). Not much to work with there. I guess I am lucky because he's not into TV yet so he hasn't picked a favorite character like Dora or that STUPID yo gabba crap  show. Last year I just did all of the decorating in bright colors and this year may be more of the same. We're SO excited that Erica and Jared have already booked their plane tickets for the big shindig. July 9th is the big day! I have a LOT to do between now and then to get the house in show-ready condition including hiring a landscaper to install some palmtrees in the yard..wish we could do it ourselves but we have absolutely no time to devote to a big project like that. Anyways....

I will post the rest of the St. Pete trip tonight or tomorrow morning. Hope everyone has a good rest of the week/weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Ohhhh so cute! I really love all the colors you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from Make Your Rank Lower Monday Alexa blog hop!

    Thank you,
    Dawn

    www.mommyscoupontrain.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want the lemonade dispenser its very nice! Here from the lower your alexa blog hop thanks for joinging in!
    http://thechristmasfairyfb.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I want one of the drink dispensers super bad too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower form social-parade hop. I hope you stop by sometime http://mommyopinions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there. I'm a new follower from Boast my blog Friday. Would love it if you'd swing by my blog when you get a chance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Following you from the blog hop! You and your family are beautiful! Wish I knew your secret for getting back in bikini shape!
    Sarah
    Two Maine Moms

    ReplyDelete
  8. your having his party on my birthday! i think scott has plans for us that day already!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I stopped over on the Sunday hop and am now a new follower. I love the towels!! I have never shopped at World Market and am going to have to check them out. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lemon jug is so adorable. That is perfect for keeping a sweet dishes in it. And also those bowls are so colourful and helps me to buy this same design from market. porn blocker

    ReplyDelete