I don't know how many of you follow
Matt Logelin's Blog but I am a diehard fan of it. If you have never read his blog, I reccommend reading it in it's entirety ASAP. Long story short, Matt and his wife, Liz were highschool sweethearts, got married, and found out they were having their first child. After a rough pregnancy and C-section delivery, Liz delivered a gorgeous babygirl named Madeline...Maddy for short. 27 hours after their daughter was born, Liz suffered a pulmonary embolism and died instantly, never getting the chance to even hold their new baby . Matt has rallied for the last 3 years and become a shining example for Maddy and for widowers all over the world. He wrote a book
"Two Kisses for Maddy" last year while visiting India and it is now on it's way to bookstores all over the world. A large portion of the proceeds are going to The Liz Logelin Foundation- a charity created by Matt to ease the financial burden of new widows/widowers around the country.
You may be expecting a super depressing story, but don't be fooled. Matt is a brilliant writer and in just reading his blog for the last 2 years there were countless times where I laughed so hard that I cried. If you have a few minutes to spare, PLEASE go check out this amazing story! You can read an exerpt from the book on hig blog right now!
I pre-ordered this book in DECEMBER haha and it's alllllmost to my house :)
I can't freaking wait to read it. I read the exerpt and was crying on the THIRD PAGE. True story!
I hadn't heard of his story before. Thanks for sharing, I know i will want to read the book. Just checked out his blog and I know I will return to it.
ReplyDeleteI did hear this story, but didn't know he had written a book. Thank you for letting me know.
ReplyDeleteNew GFC follower
i'm off to check it out. thx!
ReplyDeleteBTW, found you on the blog hop! i'm your newest follower ;)) shari
http://www.spearmintbaby.com/
Once again, I am stricken by how very lucky I am. Thanks for posting this.
ReplyDeleteI stopped by on the hop! come check me out if you like.
Liz and Matt's story is so heartbreaking! Thanks for the reminder, I'm looking forward to reading the book.
ReplyDeleteKristin
http://www.babydealsdujour.com/blog
Hi from your newest follower. Wonderful Blog you have. When you get the time please check out my blog and return the follow. I am going to be having AWSOME giveaways all throughout the year. Also PLEASE consider buying one of my cookbooks as it is our ONLY Income.
ReplyDeletehttp://threwourtearsandlaughter.blogspot.com/
Thank You and Many Blessings to you and yours,
Connie C
I haven't heard of this book, but it is one I will defiantly check out :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing with us this book.
ReplyDeleteI would love to read it.
New follower from monday hop.
Have a great day
ourfamilyworld
I came from Magnificent Monday blog hop and so glad I did. I'm a new follower.
ReplyDeletewww.acreativeprincess.blogspot.com
Thanks for sharing. I'm popping by on the Monday Blog Hop, love your blog and I'm following ... :0)
ReplyDeleteI'm following from the Magnificent Monday blog hop! Hoping you can return the favor :)!
ReplyDeletehttp://opalstevens.blogspot.com
wow! Thanks for letting us know of the book! would love to read it...
ReplyDeletehelp for single Dads